we would like to present new release of Testdroid Recorder. There is one new feature for mobile websites testing as a new wizard. There is also a couple of minor bugs fixed.
From now you are able to test your mobile website on Android devices. We implemented new wizard for recording actions from mobile websites launched inside WebView component. To allow this, we had to prepare special Android Application with WebView inside and loading specified url provided by user. WebView resembles a normal browser as much as possible. We set a lot of permissions and settings and we also implemented WebChromeClient and WebViewClient. We hope it will be useful for mobile websites testing. Below screenshots from new wizard and website launched on HTC ONE X.
- Clicking on “a” elements inside WebView
- Generating sleeps before screenshots
- Removed Infinity value for clicks and drags
- Info/warning about existing project was not always visible – First Recording
- Disabled recording, when there are not activities in application
- Instatest renamed to App Crawler
You can update to the new version directly from Eclipse (About Eclipse -> Installation Details, selecting Testdroid Recorder and clicking Update) or use below button (if you have Eclipse Marketplace Client in your Eclipse IDE):