By Jane Pruitt
18 Apr 2013
— Fabian Rubensson (@fabianrubensson) April 16, 2013
Need any more reasons to get started testing on Testdroid?
Schmidt also predicts one billion total devices by the end of the year.
Thank you for the tweet Fabian!
17 Apr 2013
Break out the champagne and beer (or your drink of choice). It’s a day of celebration here at Bitbar as we can finally announce that we’ve completed a $3 million financing round!
With this investment, we now have the awesome opportunity to expand our mobile developer tools beyond Android, iOS and HTML5, AND beyond just testing. Exciting stuff!
A couple of weeks ago, we blogged about the renaissance of the mobile developer. It’s all about you – the developers who are adding to your toolboxes and sharpening your skills, especially to make testing part of your responsibilities.
For this very reason, we have focused on building tools for developers rather than for traditional testers. The success of this strategy is evident in the growth we’ve seen as 40 percent more of you are joining us each month.
And now we’re on our way to providing a fully integrated development, testing and deployment experience for all relevant mobile platforms
We’re extremely grateful to Creathor Venture of Frankfurt, which led this round, as well as DFJ Esprit (London), Finnvera Venture Capital (Finland), Qualcomm Incorporated/Qualcomm Ventures and TEKES (Finland) financing.
Look below to read what a couple of our investors have to say about our technology and the market. Then join us in a toast to celebrate our next chapter!
Marko, Jouko and the entire Bitbar/Testdroid Team
“Bitbar’s disruptive technology has the potential to revolutionize the entire mobile software development process. The company has made excellent progress in a very short time and is very well positioned for the future.”
- Marc Biel, Investment Manager at Creathor Venture
“At DFJ Esprit we have a global outlook. World class teams are at the heart of every business we invest in. We are committed to backing the very best European talent right here at home to create businesses that can win in global markets. Bitbar’s customer traction in the Android developer market and the pace this market is developing is what made this investment stand out.”
- Scott Sage, principal, DFJ Esprit
03 Apr 2013
Bitbar is headed to Berlin for Droidcon Berlin 2013, along with PayPal, eBay, Wooga and Facebook who trust Testdroid for their mobile testing!
Come meet us April 7-10 as we present Testdroid’s latest features and bring you a totally new Testdroid App Crawler.
We invite you to stop by our stand at Kosmos Berlin if you are interested in the latest mobile test automation news or need some answers to your technical questions. Come talk to us. We really appreciate your input and any feedback.
Here is what you can expect from Bitbar at Droidcon Berlin 2013:
• A totally new Testdroid App Crawler. Anyone who has used App Crawler knows how intelligent it is for smoke testing applications. To make it even more intuitive, we are introducing a totally new way to view to enable users to review and understand the results easier than ever.
• Testdroid Server for iOS. If you are a regular reader of our blog posts, you already know Testdroid Server is now supporting iOS as well. The increasing number of iOS variants and total lack of Continuous Integration capable multiple device testing solutions for iOS developers has pushed us to solve this problem. Our motto “We make developers’ lives easier” – is definitely also true for iOS developers.
• 33 percent discount on Testdroid Credits for the month of April. April will be a very exciting month for us, so we want to share the excitement with our customers by offering 50 free credits for every 100 purchased Testdroid credit during the month. This limited time offer starts on April 7 and ends April 30. This is your chance to grab ammunition for your testing on more than 200 real Android devices in Testdroid Cloud.
If you missed us at DroidconNL last November, we suggest you take advantage of Droidcon Berlin to meet us. At the event you can also get news from PayPal, eBay, Wooga and Facebook. They also trust Testdroid for their mobile testing.
Come to the show and learn what big names say about Testdroid. We look forward to meeting you at Droidcon Berlin, April 7-10. See you soon!
By Jane Pruitt
02 Apr 2013
Ahhh…the Renaissance. That period of historic revival where the “Renaissance Man” thrived in multiple fields and disciplines – from art, language and philosophy to science, engineering and medicine.
Without a doubt, the technology world is deep in its own renaissance. And akin to the scholars of the renaissance age, there’s no individual who is more at the forefront of the current technology revolution than the mobile app developer.
Gartner Research Director Danny Brian has explored the topic of The Renaissance Developer, saying:
22 Mar 2013
Are you new to Testdroid? The first thing you need to do is set up an account. It takes just a few minutes to get started on the simplest and most powerful platform for testing your applications against real Android devices with varying manufacturers, HW platforms, OS versions and screen resolutions.
Creating an account in Testdroid Cloud is pretty straightforward and remember that you can use the same account with Testdroid Recorder and Testdroid Cloud . Follow these steps in our video
and we’ll show you how it’s done.
1. Go to http://cloud.testdroid.com and find the register box on the right hand side.